TEXT (Galatians 2:20; NKJV)
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:20 is an exciting verse for us, because it means that we are united in every way to Jesus Christ. Because we are in Christ and he is in us, every victory that he has won belongs to us. For example, when he died, the power of sin over our lives died with him. When he arose from the dead, we were raised together with him to a new life free from the control of sin. We need to embrace and accept the victory that Christ has secured for us. When we embrace and accept the Lord’s victory by faith, it will manifest itself in our experience.
BENEFITS OF THE CROSS
• The death of Jesus Christ on the cross cleanses us and frees us from sin (Matt. 26:28; 1 Pet. 2:24).
• The death of Jesus Christ on the cross delivers us from God’s wrath (Rom. 5:9).
• Through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, God redeems and forgives us (Col. 1:14).
• The death of Jesus Christ on the cross breaks Satan’s power (Col. 2:14-15; Heb. 2:14-15).
• The death of Jesus Christ on the cross brings physical healing (Isa. 53:5).
• The death of Jesus Christ on the cross ultimately delivers us from physical death (2 Tim. 1:10; Heb. 2:9).
• The death of Jesus Christ on the cross reconciles us to God and to people (Eph. 1:7; Eph. 2:11-22; Col. 1:13-20).
• The death of Jesus Christ on the cross gives us access to God (Heb. 10:19-20).
Wilfred Graves Jr.