"Taking the Gospel to the Streets" Revival Highlight Video
(Fred Jordan Missions, August 3, 2019)
“Taking the Gospel to the Streets” - a Short History
Elder Dennis Bullock is Senior Pastor of Highway Ministries in Los Angeles, CA and serves as Coordinator of Evangelism Outreach for West Angeles Church of God in Christ. He also serves on the Board of Directors of Wilfred Graves Ministries, Inc. For many years Elder Bullock has ministered to those experiencing homelessness in the city of Los Angeles. He is a gifted leader and organizer with a passion for street evangelism and ministry within local area missions. In 2010 he sent a written proposal to the office of Dr. Wilfred Graves Jr. The proposal outlined his vision for an outdoor revival outreach to be conducted in the parking lot of Union Rescue Mission in Los Angeles. Dr. Graves joined with Elder Bullock to inaugurate the first annual "Taking the Gospel to the Streets" revival later that year. Since then, thousands of people have attended one of these life-changing events. On Saturday, August 3, 2019, we partnered with Fred Jordan Missions and worked with dozens of volunteers from West Angeles Church, World Vision, Teen Challenge, the LA Sheriff’s Department, and other organizations to serve hundreds of people experiencing homelessness on the streets of Skid Row in Los Angeles.
Revival Plans for 2020
In 2020 Wilfred Graves Ministries will again co-sponsor the "Taking the Gospel to the Streets" revival effort as one of its major ministry goals for the year. The eleventh revival is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, July 25, 2020 at Fred Jordan Missions in Los Angeles.
- On that day we will preach the gospel, worship in singing, and offer testimonies of God's power to transform lives.
- Trilingual interpretation (English, Spanish, and ASL) will be available.
- We also plan to distribute Bibles, hygiene kits, clothing, blankets, water bottles, backpacks, and other items.
- Several doctors and other health professionals will screen for high blood pressure, diabetes, and other conditions.
- Each year we feed everyone in attendance (including volunteers).
- Past revivals saw as many as 400 people in attendance and projected involvement for 2020 exceeds 1000 people.