Basic Facts about COVID-19
- COVID-19 is the disease caused by the new coronavirus that emerged in China in December 2019.
- COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever and shortness of breath. COVID-19 can be severe, and some cases have caused death.
- The new coronavirus can be spread from person to person. It is diagnosed with a laboratory test.
- There is no coronavirus vaccine yet. Prevention involves frequent hand-washing, coughing into the bend of your elbow and staying home when you are sick.
- HANDS Wash them often
- ELBOW Cough into it
- FACE Don't touch it
- FEET Stay more than 3 feet apart
- FEEL sick? Stay home